Followers

Blog Archive

Thursday, June 18, 2009








Coily Girl of the Week:
Meet Naturaldelta04!!

I love her hair! I've been stalking her Fotki page for a while now, and am HONORED to have her as my first Coily Girl interview!!


Your hair type:


Yikes!!!! I don't really know what my hair type is. My curls are extremely tight and they're consistent all over! So whatever that is! :)


Your current products/ routine:

I am a total product junkie!!! I will buy and try anything at least once! I guess the products that are pretty consistent within my hair regimen are the Garnier Fructis shampoo and conditioner. Pantene Pro-V relaxed and natural products and Suave naturals Shampoo and conditioner. To keep my hair moist, I use a lot of coconut oil and shea butter and recently I've invested in some Carol's Daughter products.

As far as a routine goes...I'm pretty boring. (Ha ha!) I either wash, twist and take out once a week, wash and go, straighten or blowdry, braid and take out. Nothing too exciting, but I have those styles down pack and they don't take much time,
(Except straightening), which is what I like about them!


Has reaction from family/friends/opposite sex been positive or negative?

My mom was definitley not a fan in the beginning. She's used to hair being "fried, dyed and laid to the side." lol! And my aunt still does not enjoy hair in its natural state. But of course they didn't stop me. I love them dearly, but I love being natural and wouldn't change it for anything!

I used to say that I would NEVER go natural. I wanted my hair to be down my back and blowing in the wind at all times. But after all the chemical damage, I had no chioce. And I'm actually glad that I damaged my hair with color and relaxers because I would have never known about this thing called "natural". My guy friends LOOOOOOVE it! They think its hot;) And I get compliments all the time, even on the days I hate my hair!


Do you straighten your hair? What precautionary measures do you take?

Yes, I straighten my hair about 3 or 4 times a year because I enjoy switching things up from time to time. I must say, I don't really take any precautinary measures when I do. My hair has been pretty good about reverting back to its curly state and I'm thankful for that thus far.

Your hair length goal:

I don't really have a hair lenth goal because I am more about healthy hair as opposed to long hair. I've cut my hair 3 times since I've been natural because I get bored with a style/length very quickly. I think whether your hair is relaxed or natural, short or long, it should be healthy!

I may leave the scissors alone for a while and see if I can get it to armpit length by 2010. But HEALTHY always looks good:)


To see more pics of Naturaldelta04, visit her Fotki page at :
www.fotki.com/naturaldelta04



Naturaldelta04 w/ relaxer. (on the left!)



The BC!!!








Definitely feelin' that gold headband!


Her gorgeous hair today!!






Updo (I will be stealing this look!!) LOL


Natural hair-- straightened (Cute outfit, don't you think?)


I just love her style!! Thank you, Naturaldelta04!





4 comments:

Yan Tan said...

NICE INTERVIEW HUNN!! HER HAIR IS AMAZING WE CAN'T WAIT UNTIL OUR HAIR GROWS!! :) KEEP IT UP!!


**YANTAN**

Luvbenet-- said...

Thank you, girls!!!!! Are you both going natural?

ChocolateOrchid said...

Beautiful hair! Enjoyed the interview.

Raquiiba Bolton-Dawes said...

What a beauty she is! I LOVE her style! Very similar to mine! I still have so much work in terms of finding out what styles/products work for my hair. I have 3c/4a texture. It looks like that girl from Youtube - Lexiwiththecurls... Or Cree Summers! LOL! Anyway... Good interview and you choose a fab chica!