Followers

Blog Archive

Friday, April 10, 2009




Caring for your color-treated hair:
I colored my hair last year! I had no idea how to take care of it, and worried a lot about breakage. Fortunately, I haven't had any!






While I loved the color, I wasn't so crazy about the dryness!! I should have found out first how to care for colored hair.. but you live and learn!!
Here are some things I've learned:
1. Coloring your hair can alter your texture!!
2. Natural hair needs MORE THAN OIL to maintain moisture! When I first went natural,I was still treating my hair the same way I did when my hair was relaxed. When my hair was relaxed, I didn't use a lot of heavy creams in my hair, really just oil. Natural hair needs to be deep conditioned, moisturized, (I prefer shea butter for this) and then a natural oil must be applied to HOLD IN that moisture.(I like coconut, olive oil,jojoba, and even carrot oil.)
3. Avoid products with cheap fillers like: petrolatum,mineral oil, and lanolin. These products actually take moisture out of our hair and make it DRIER. I had to learn that the hard way!
4. Do not wash your hair in water that is too hot, as this will also dry your hair out.













No comments: