Followers

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Hey Coily Girls! I'm back! I've been so busy, and only have time now because I am still on my summer vacation. I am a third year grad student, working on my second Master's degree in School Psychology. I have 3 classes, a practicum and an internship left.  I plan to get a doctorate next, but I will take a break in between. My fiance' and I have been trying to start a family, so that is my main priority right now. We are also getting married in December, so there's a lot on my plate right now.

I had some serious issues with my hair this year.  For starters, my stylist got a sudden case of amnesia and forgot which shade to color my hair. She accidentally went about 3 shades darker than my norm.  When she tried to get it back to the right color (which involved basically dying my hair over again), I noticed a whole bunch of straight pieces in my hair.  Needless to say, I was PISSED. I take very good care of my hair, and at this time, my hair was past my shoulders when it was curly.  I ended up having to do another bc, because the straight ends left my hair looking JACKED UP.

This was in like May, and I'm still cutting straight pieces out.  My sideburns and nape of my hair barely curl at all anymore.  I 'm nor happy with my hair at all. I have basically been wearing it in a puff since then because I can't stand looking at straight pieces.  I think it should look better by my next trim
because I've let it grow out a lot.

Here is what it looked like after the mishap. Mind you, this was AFTER my trim:


You may not notice it all that much, but for me, it's a drastic difference.  I hate it. I've been deep conditioning like crazy, trying to nurse my hair back to health.  Next, I'm going to keep my hair in twists for about 3 months. Hopefully, my hair will be back to normal before Christmas.


1 comment:

Tina Beanie said...

I'm having the same issue, Robs! I going to have to cut at least 3 or 4 inches off due to my visits to the Dominican salon! LOL!. The bottom half of my hair is barely wavy now and the rest just have the regular waves, no curl. I was debating to just do roller sets for a bit after I cut it, but I'll have to see. I still use Henna mix Nupur to color my hair, but some days I am sick of the reddish highlights. After 5 years, I'm feeling like what to do next?! LOL!