Followers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hey Coily Girls!!

Just wanted to show you some pics of my hair today. I got a lot of compliments and I think I know why. My co-workers (especially the caucasian ones) prefer my hair when it's "controlled" versus "wild and crazy." LOL I think it's less intimidating. As for me, I like my hair both ways, it all depends on my mood.

So.... I've started oiling my hair and putting shea in it at night and sleeping with a plastic cap. I forgot I used to do this last winter,and it helped tremendously with combating dryness. In fact,my hair was actually kind of MOIST this morning, so I didn't even really undo my twists. Just added two clips and fluffed it at the roots for volume. My twists are really defined. I twisted it last night with Organics Twist and lock gel. I like it, even though my hair looks a lot shorter today because it's still DAMP. Everyone keeps asking me if I cut my hair or was I wearing a WEAVE before!! LOL TOO FUNNY!

I DARE not stretch or pull on the curls because we ALL know that means frizz for days! LOL


This is my hair from yesterday. I just washed it, so of course it was acting crazy! Puffy all over the place! I didn't have time to diffuse it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! It is funny how people love to tell you how "they" like your hair, like what they think matters, lol! I love the outfits too!

bacalove said...

Hello :

Wanted to introduce you to a state of the art all natural product line called Natures' Natural. Recently I used their "Twist and Grow Loc Gel", which I tried, and I am very excited and pleased. The twists set in two hours and gave me a tight pattern to my hair. Overnight when I untwisted my hair, I got a very defined, shiny, twist out. Some of the strands of my hair are so defined it looks like the hair one purchases for weaving. My hair has never been that defined, even when I use Ms. Jessie's and the Price is reasonable too! Nature's Natural state that the ingredients in the Twist & Grow Loc Gel is "designed to strengthen, repair and bring fullness to each strand of hair and stop frizzes." I can attest to the fact that it really eliminates frizzes. I have very kinky, 4B hair and this gel worked a miracle on my hair. This is an amazing gel! It looks as if I went under a dryer, I did not! She also carries a Sheen Hold, which I plan to be trying in the very near future. She states that this special spray brings extra ordinary shine and hold to all hair textures!

Another product that I have tried is Aloe Conditioning Moisture Mist, one of Nature's Natural's most popular products for twists and locs, which is literally "liquid gold", as it has the very higly prized argan or morrocan oil in its formulaztion. Chatto is the only one using this highly prized oil in her products. EVERY TIME YOU USE ALOE CONDITIONING MOISTURE MIST, YOU ARE LITERALLY INFUSING STRENGTH and Moisture INTO YOU HAIR, and it detangles too! In comparasion I had used the Jane Carter's Revitalizing Moisture for a daily spritz which made my hair frizzy and tangled. The Aloe Moisture Mist detangles the hair when used.

For wash & gos she offers "6-Plus Formula 1" to bring out the curl pattern in naturally curly and wavy hair. For tighter curls it brings moisture and manageability.

All I can say about Nature's Natural Hair products is look out Miss Jessie's!

To see all of Nature's Natural Products Go to: www.chatto.com

Thank you.

Julie, wdsoulplane@yahoo.com

Tina Beanie said...

Looks good! My hair seems to dry longer when I do a deep condish/steam the night before. Also some of the more curl defining products seem to shrink my hair more.

Luvbenet-- said...

@Beanie.... mine is the exact opposite. It shrinks up/curls more when it's moisturized from the deep conditioner. The drier it is, the longer it is! LOL

@ Caramelnaps25... thx for the compliment! I could use a nice spring splurge right about now! LOL

@bacalove.... I'm always looking for new twist gels. I've pretty much decided that most of the curl CREAMS/PUDDINGS are not for me. Twist gels usually are what works best for me.

ChocolateOrchid said...

So lovin' your photos! You're working your hair and flyy outfits.